Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bedtime

For all of you out there that have listened to me agonize over Morgan's poor naptime sleeping, I have finally found a solution that works for her. Even though she went to bed really well despite not wanting to nap, she insists on using this new "idea" for all of her sleeping. That's fine with me because she naps!!!

So this is our approach to naptime (and bedtime). Morgan gets to pick a couple of books to sit on her bed and read (in the dark), and most of the time, she is asleep within 5-10 minutes. It's fabulous. She reads her book to her bunny, sings a song to herself, and then she is asleep.

Earlier this week, I was visiting teaching, so Brian put Morgan to bed by himself. When I got home, he told me to look in her room because she INSISTED on bringing something other than books to bed. I guess Morgan wanted to build a tower in the dark with her stacking blocks but decided it was too much work and she'd rather sleep. Oh well, there's always tomorrow to try again...







2 comments:

Megan Nordstrom said...

YIPPEE! I am so glad that you got it figured out. These little ones like to make us think and stretch don't they! Miss you.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

What a cutie. I love the pictures.