Saturday, August 16, 2008

Five Fabulous Years!

And many, many, more to come!!!


Feb 21, 2003—We meet on a blind date at BYU, and are holding hands before it ends. We kiss the next day.
Feb. 23, 2003—My mom starts planning the wedding, despite Brian and I both trying to convince her not to. (Note: this is only 2 days after we met)
Memorial Day Weekend 2003—We decide to get married; no proposal yet.
June 19, 2003—With the date set, and plans already under way, we get engaged!
August 16, 2003—We were sealed in the San Diego Temple at 8 a.m. (that makes for a very long wedding day)
September 2003—We head back to Provo for school.
May 2004—We move out of our horrible basement apartment and into Wymount.
Summer 2004—We meet some of our best friends in our Wymount ward, who we will always keep in touch with. Brian adds a second major and Mackenzie gets accepted into the BYU Marriott School of Management (i.e. 2 more years of school for each of us)
Fall 2004—School starts up again
Summer 2005—We move to San Diego for the summer at Mackenzie’s parent’s house; Brian decides to drop his Electrical Engineering major and take the first actuarial exam, which he passed with a 10!!!
September 2005—Back to Provo for our final year of school, plus we’re expecting a baby!
November 2005—Brian accepts a job in Denver, CO with Watson Wyatt, starting in January 2006.
December 2005—Over Christmas break, we move Brian to Denver, and Mackenzie stays behind in Provo to finish her last semester of school.
January 2, 2006—Brian starts his first real job!
April 2006—GRADUATION!!! We move to Denver, CO.
May 2006—We started building our house
June 18, 2006—Welcome Little Miss Morgan!
January 2007—We move into our house
November 2007—We’re expecting baby #2!
July 27, 2008—Welcome Sweet Baby Sadie!
August 16, 2008—It’s been 5 wonderful and amazing years!

Here’s Why I Love Brian So Much:

1. He’s a HUGE helper! I think I would be looking a very long time to find a man so willing to fold laundry after a long day at work. In fact, I could be looking forever if I hadn’t found him!


2. He’s a Brainiac!!! He’s been studying for school or an exam practically every day since we’ve met! He took summer school classes while we were engaged and he starts studying for his next actuarial exam just hours after he takes one!


3. Brian is dedicated to everything he’s involved in. He always puts 100% into his activities and it definitely shows!


4. I must admit, that as much as it annoys me, I think it is so adorable that Brian is still so dedicated to BYU sports (especially football). It’s so fun to see him pass on his enthusiasm to his girls…Morgan always chooses to wear her “rah rah” shirt, regardless of the day of the week or time of year.


5. After 5 wonderful years, he still loves me and puts up with me. I’ll admit that emotionally, I am high maintenance and it takes the sweetest, kindest, most loving and perfect man to always be so supportive of me.

To the MOST WONDEFUL MAN IN MY LIFE, I love you and thank you for just being you!

Love,

Mackenzie





3 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Happy Anniversary!!

SniderMom said...

Congratulations you two! We celebrate our 23rd on the 23rd! You forgot to mention one talent in your admirations of Brian: He is an amazing actor (i.e. a sheep in the Nativity play). His performance was moving. He must have done a lot of research for character development! You should be very proud!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Congrats!! I love your wedding pictures. We miss you guys.