Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy 27th Birthday, Brian!

Call it a coincidence, or a birthday wish coming true, BYU played Air Force yesterday, and our family went down to Colorado Springs to celebrate Brian's birthday and give Morgan a taste of what she's been brainwashed with since birth. And, we are happy to announce, BYU won. It's a good thing, because it would have been a long drive back from the Springs if they had lost.


Morgan was so overjoyed when the players took the field, she said, "Mommy, take picture of Rah, Rah. Take picture!" So, here's the picture of "Rah, Rah".

Our true Cougar fans, Brian and Morgan. Notice the sun is still shining at this point. Sadie and I wimped out halfway through the last quarter and waited in the warm car.


Here we are, all sporting our Cougar Blue! Too bad we had to keep our jackets on to stay warm! 43 degrees and shade is not exactly comfortable!


Can we say POOPED?!?! We had left the house at 8 am and when we got back at 9:30 p.m., this is how I found the girls in their car seats.


Morgan really got into the spirit of the game. As the fans shouted, "BYU! BYU!" she chanted "BIU! BIU!" with them.
Overall, it was a long day, but I got an early Christmas present out of it. Brian figured I deserved something for spending 11 hours away from home, with 2 kids, in traffic, and no naps (for me or the girls). He surprised me with new laundry baskets! Lame, I know, but I've been bugging him for months! So, Happy Birthday, sweetie! We love you!

4 comments:

Kira said...

Happy Birthday Brian!!!!! I always said that our husbands shared wonderful qualities (their birthday being one of them)

We miss you guys tonnnnsssss!!!!! Hope you are loving Colorado!

I often think about our sleep overs ... thanks for taking care of me way back when. :-)

Lilit said...

Please welcome the newest reader of your blog!!!Me, me me!!!
I am glad to see that you got some pictures taken of your family all together that day. Thanks for taking us with you to the game and to the Birthday dinner. I hope to be able to hang out with you while the boyz are working...

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Happy birthday! Good chanting Morgan!

Melissa said...

c'mon guys, red. red is the color.