Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Three Is The Magic Number, Right???


So, I'm beginning to come to grips that we will be parents of 3 children by Halloween. Yes, we're expecting #3.
We're 13 weeks along now, and so far, this pregnancy has treated me very well. I haven't thrown up, and only dealt with mild nausea for a few days. However, this also means something else I've never experienced--weight gain in pregnancy. What's that?

Here's everyone's take on the news--
Brian: Super excited for another one. Despite the baby being due the week before his (hopefully) last actuarial exam EVER, he's super stoked! He's hoping it's his boy.

Morgan: She tells everyone that her baby brother is coming for Halloween (Brian told her it's a boy...). Not her sister. She already has a sister. It's her brother. More excited than anyone.

Sadie: Doesn't know, doesn't care. However, her 22+ lbs is hurting poor mom's aching back! Besides, she won't be quite 15 months, so as long as she's walking by October...

Mackenzie: Mixed feelings. I've got the hang of two down pretty well. I'm afraid a third might do me in! However, I'm glad our kids will be close in age and get to grow up together (I just now realized we will have 3 in high school at the same time!!). Also on the bright side, I'm getting a few home remodels done to accomodate this new addition, so I'm excited about that right now.
So, there you have it. Our big news. Although, I'm too busy and too tired to really do anything about it... However, we're accepting applications for visitors (i.e. help) when the baby arrives. Like I mentioned, it's a week before Brian's exam, so we're contemplating how to "disappear" so he can study. Any suggestions?


12 comments:

Diana said...

Congrats!! I know you will adjust to 3 very quickly. If ever you are in need of help give me a call and I will be there. I mean I have to get that baby fix somehow right. Hope your having a dreat day!!

Cam and Chelle said...

Congrats guys! If we're still around, you know I'll help ya out!

Mother Goose said...

Wahoo! We are very excited for you. You can do it Mackenzie!

Anonymous said...

Oregon...:)

aboringfam said...

Congrats:) How exciting to have another one. 3 isn't too bad.

Skinners said...

If anyone can do it you can Mackenzie! You are a great, patient mom and will be awesome! You know I'm just down the road to help WHENEVER you need me too! Congrats!

Wheeler Family said...

Congrats! That is so wonderful. My mom had 3 in high school at the same time...it's not that bad. Good luck with everything! and I'm glad you aren't sick.

Lilit said...

Hey girl, you rock! I love reading your well written, very entertaining posts, just love 'em.
Congrats to you all. I hope it's a boy, for Brian's sake, but if it's a girl... just think you already have EVERYTHING!

ashley g. said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!! Congratulations! You know that girls are already lots of fun, but so are boys! So you can't go wrong! You are going to be fabulous parents of 3 beautiful kids- and seriously- how fun for them to be so close in age!

And weight gain? Weight comes and it goes. My advice: don't gain too much. It's a beast to lose. So snack on those veggies- then you can't overdose (because nobody likes veggies that much). Although, I'm really good at giving advice for how to gain a lot really fast.

And you are an expert in potty-training. If my child isn't potty-trained by the time your baby is born, I'll come and stay up all night with your baby if you potty-train my child. Deal? CONGRATS!

Kira said...

YEAH ... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats!! What a scary decision to go from 2 kids to three!! They'll be really close in age but a ton of work for you. It's so awesome all that you both are trying to do! Hope you feel well.

Carie Annie said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe i didn't read this till now, congratulations!! How exciting! Hope your pregnancy continues to go really well! You might just have another girl :)LOL