Friday, February 26, 2010

My $3 Project

I first have to give almost all of the credit of my girls' cute room decorations to my mom. She's very talented in many things, especially crafts and decorating. Thanks, mom!

She first painted the flower border in my sister's room (click here to see it) and I stole the sponges to paint my girls' room. She also made these cool curtains for my other sister's room, and when she decided to redecorate, I asked if I could have them.


I've been wanting to put curtains like this in their room ever since we moved in 3 years ago!
So, for $3 (the cost of 2 window valance rods), and about 2 hours of time, I turned the one long curtain into two short valances to go over the 2 windows in their room. Super cute! (Now, if they only had cute furniture, their room would be complete!)


3 comments:

ashley g. said...

Agh- those are fabulous. How do you do it?

So... can I hire you?

Lauren P. said...

Great Job! They look terrific! I even like the shorter version better!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I want to hire you too!!