(left: the fish; right: her smores treat bag)Morgan went "fishing" at a birthday party last weekend and came home with a fish. I knew ahead of time that she would be coming with a fish and had every intention of making it quietly disappear.
But, Morgan had already named it Sadie Fish Boring before we even picked her up. And, on the car ride home, she held the bag and said, "It's okay Sadie Fish. We're going to get you a new home. You're going to live with us. You'll like it." She has a way of getting attached to things. Remember "Rock?" Click here.
When we pulled out the fish jar (I had it from college, knowing we would have fish at some point with children around), and Morgan said to Sadie Fish (I can't believe I'm referring to a 10 cent feeder fish with a name!), "Look! We have a toy for you to play with, too!"(There was a little shark figurine in there.)
Morgan wanted to feed Sadie Fish, so I crunched up some Cheerios for "fish food." (thanks, Megan!) Brian and I made a deal that if she made it to Tuesday, we would suck it up and buy the "magic water drops" (thus prolonging this fish's life). (I drew the line at fish food--Cheerios will suffice.) So, guess what we did?
(Skinners, we love ya guys, but guess who's fish sitting when we go on vacation???)
6 comments:
I totally remember the shark "toy"! You guys had that gold fish for a long time. Didn't I fish sit once?
Haha! This reminds me of when Logan gave us Jamal the Beta Fish when she moved home. Tyler and I decided we were "too poor" (and we really were the first two months!) for fish food, so he ate cheerios. (Don't worry...we finally caved in and bought him food.) I've fed many fish cheerios over the years and it works!
So how exactly were you going to make the fish "Disappear"? Cheerios sound great.
That is so cute! You know the cheerios makes me want to do a science experiment--get a couple fish and feed one cheerios and the other "real" fish food and see what happens. Hmmmm...who exactly figured out the nutritional needs of fish to create those little flakes in the first place? Wow, now its really on my mind. Hey, we should chat on the phone sometime when you have time. Maybe next week?
LOVE it! And, it was a 13 cent feeder fish...guaranteed to live longer!
HA! I knew that Rock would somehow become reincarnated!!
LONG LIVE SADIE FISH BORING! ;)
Post a Comment