Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dear Santa...

A few weeks ago, when the leaves started to change color outside, Morgan said, "Mommy.  It's almost going to be winter.  It's almost time to snow.  I better write my list for Santa!"  Don't know where that last thought came from, because I'm not exactly a fan of the whole Santa fib.  So, I know I don't talk it up at our house.  And I definitely DON'T encourage writing wish lists!

Nonetheless, being a good sport, I kindly spelled the words for Morgan as she wrote her letter to "Santa".  (Oh, and I may have suggested quite a few of the things on her list, because they're already under my bed, waiting to be wrapped.)

*Notice she left very little "white space".  For the sake of fitting in all of her requests, it's a little confusing to read.  I've provided a transcription below.

* A few books
*Hi-Ho Cherry-O
*Clothes
*Dolly
*Magazine (we had just come from the mailbox and an American Girl catalog came)
*Chutes and Ladders
*Pajamas
*New Winter Clothes
*2 new blankets 4 me and Sadie (she insisted on using the number "4" instead of writing "for")

Merry Early Christmas!