Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks

 A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me if I had any suggestions about where to find leaves for a "Thankful Tree."  So, I gave her the suggestion of the dollar store, and then sent off to check my own dollar store--to no avail.  (Tiffany, however, found some!)  Determined to still make a thankful tree, the girls and I traced and cut out a bunch of leaves for our trees.  (Thank goodness I thought to cut four layers at a time!  We would have been cutting forever!)  Each night at dinner, we add 4 leaves to our tree.  So, here's our tree...so far.
Sadie always has the same "thankfuls" every night.  1. Jesus 2. Rainbows 3. Kitty cats.  Then, we usually can get her to think of something she hasn't already put on the tree.

I saw this cute craft in a magazine (family fun) and thought I would make it!

Sadie likes sorting the vegetables by color and Morgan and I put them in alphabetical order.  

No comments: