Saturday, January 29, 2011

Washing the Car

This afternoon, we decided to wash the cars.  No pics, thanks to Morgan breaking the camera a few weeks ago.  I'm miserable without it, but she's earning the money to replace it (well, part of the money) and being a pretty good sport about some of the grunt work I'm paying her 50 cents to do.  She's almost earned $15, which is what we decided her portion should be.  So, pictures returning soon!

Back to the post:

After getting each of the girls a bucket of freezing, but soapy, water and a rag, Brian started to explain to them how to "scrub" the car.  Morgan quickly interrupted him, saying, "Dad,  I already know how to wash a car.  I've seen Racing Stripes."  For those of you that may not know, Racing Stripes is about a Zebra in the horse races, NOT washing cars.  Still not quite connecting the two...

And, as far as pictures go, imagine Sadie running through the hose in 55 degree weather!  A little cold, but she kept going back for more!!  Crazy kid!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I was thinking- those crazy parents- what are you doing washing your car outside in January?
Sounds like fun!

ashley g. said...

Very cool. You know how much I love your parenting? I totally love it. You are always so consistent. Way to stick to your guns, woman!