Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tomato

The girls have been bugging me to see what the baby looks like in my tummy.  I've shown them a few pictures that I've found at Baby Center, but Morgan keeps asking how big the baby is.  So, today, in my weekly email (19 weeks), we discovered that baby-to-be Boring is the size of an heirloom tomato, head to bottom.  





I keep teasing Sadie, telling her it might be a baby monkey.  She's smart enough to have not bought into this lie. Today, she said, "Mommy, you don't have a monkey in your tummy.  Do you have a tomato in your tummy?"
Morgan replied, "No, silly.  It's a real, human baby. Not a tomato, not a monkey, a baby.  That's all."

2 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

We had the same confusion here at the beginning of my pregnancy. I love watching little kids figure things out.

The Layton Family said...

Ha ha ha! Although, sometimes I think a tomato is easier to take care of :)