Thursday, December 15, 2011

We Finally Made It!

So, my Dad has been BBQing for a few years now (I think at least 3 or 4), and we've been the only kids/grandkids that haven't participated.  I mean at all.  We've been the recipients of many fabulous meals, but never experienced the whole competition/catering thing until last weekend.  And, lucky for us, it was just around the corner from our house, so we didn't even have to "travel" to get there!  We all had lots of fun, but it sure is a lot of work!

Brian took the kids for a ride in the wagon:

Carson took a LONG nap on Grandma's bed in the trailer. I kept checking on him, since we didn't have a baby monitor, but he just slept and slept!  I think he was out for close to 3 hours!

Here's the whole setup, complete with flying pigs and awards from previous competitions.  Their team name is When Pigs Fly  (www.whenpigsflycatering.com)

Even though the judges didn't agree, we (the family) all thought Dad's ribs were AMAZING!  I mean, like, we all wanted to eat several! Here's Brian, snacking on another rib!

Grandpa got a turn to take all the kids for a ride in the wagon, too.  When we put Jack in, he was screaming/crying, but just a quick ride in the wagon and he was happy as can be!

Here's Alie and Tyler with Jack and Carson.  I think it's so funny how when I got the camera out, Jack immediately turned and smiled.  Like he knew what to do or something?
What a fun day!

No comments: