I knew from the day she was born that Sadie would always have to do things on her schedule. That being said, I haven't pushed her to learn her letters, numbers, etc. I knew that eventually, she would take an interest, and, at that point, she'd dive in full speed ahead!
She's been counting for a while, and about 4 months ago, she started wanting to recognize letters and numbers, but still no writing. So, I started doing workbooks with her, but at a very casual pace.
Two weeks ago, she said to me, "Mommy. I want to write my name. What are the letters?" And, after only tracing my dot letters three times, here's what she did all on her own! (And, of course, to document her first name writing, it had to be on a piece of scratch paper. Oh, well!)
(side note: right at her 2nd birthday, I remember talking to her babysitter about my concern that she might be colorblind--she was that aloof to learning! But, I now know that's what happens when you compare siblings! Morgan was eager to learn at an early age.)

No comments:
Post a Comment