Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Soccer 2012

We spent every Saturday from October thru December at the soccer field for 3+ hours!  This being our first organized sport with our kids, we hadn't yet experienced the "kids' activities can swallow your entire Saturday....for months (years) on end!"  And, we survived!  I must say, I was grateful when the last game was postponed due to rain.  It gave me a week to catch my breath before going back one final week!

Sadie participated with a group of kids her age from church.  Most of them were from our ward, but there were also a few from other wards in the stake.  They were the Purple Otter Pops.  Every time she sees Coach Troy at church, she runs up to give him a big hug!

Morgan was placed on a random team, which, at first, I was pretty bummed that she wouldn't be with her friends from church.  But, in the end, it turned out great!  She was a Yellow Pirate and had an awesome coach!  He was great with the kids and they all had so much fun!  Morgan received the certificate for the Best Attitude (funny how she can turn on a happy face for others...just like I did at her age!).

And, Carson just tried to chase after the ball!  If he wasn't on the field, he was climbing on chairs and mooching snacks off of other people!  He was definitely a handful to entertain for that long!















1 comment:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Super cute! Love the team name. Miles is starting basketball at the end of January--twice a week...I am bracing myself...it is going to get really busy around here for a couple of months, but I'm excited he can participate.