Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fire Station


This year, Sadie is participating in a co-op type preschool.  A group of moms from church rotate teaching 7 kids.  It's a lot of work on the weeks I teach, but, I enjoy the days off!  Additionally, I'm enjoying less of a strain on my pocketbook!

Last month, we took a field trip to the fire station.  I'm getting fuzzy on the details, but, aside from the fire equipment, this particular station is one of the FEMA support stations and has 2 semi-trucks fully loaded at all times, ready to head out when needed.  And, they have a hallway near their living space covered with pictures from all the rescue efforts their team has been involved in.  

Of course, the kids didn't care about that.  They just wanted to climb in the fire truck!


The firefighters all got a kick out of Carson's leash!  


Sadie was bummed she couldn't reach the pedals!


Carson loved wearing his fire hat!

No comments: