On Thursday night, we told Morgan that Afton was coming to visit and asked her to help get her bed ready. After we took the crib rail off to make it a "bed", Morgan wanted to make sure Afton was comfortable and felt at home. After we put a clean sheet on the bed, I asked her to get a blanket for Afton and she came back with two. Then, without my mentioning a thing, she looked everywhere for a pillow for Afton and finally decided that she could have Daddy's. Don't worry, we switched it out and Brian got a pillow.
Next, Morgan asked if she could put some books on Afton's bed. I said yes, and she didn't just put a few. Afton's bed was covered with about 15 books! Then, Morgan proceeded to bring ALL of the stuffed animals (except Bunny) from her bed to Afton's. What a fabulous hostess! I'm sure Afton felt right at home!
Friday morning, Morgan was behaving exceptionally well while I combed her hair, so I thought I would put in 2 pigtails. They actually stayed in until our guests arrived, but not too long after. Here's a picture.
Sunday night, we all had ice cream for dessert. Notice we stripped them down to avoid chocolate all over their clothes. And, notice how much Afton likes ice cream. I think it was gone before Morgan had even taken a bite!

Morgan didn't get enough ice cream, I guess! Watch the video as she LITERALLY licks her plate clean. Brian is trying to teach her how to pick up her plate to lick it, but apparently she found it more successful to eat off the floor like a dog! Too cute!
This picture was too precious to not get on camera! Brian and Madelyn cuddling on the couch--probably watching sports!
We had so much fun when the girls came to visit. Thanks so much for coming! We hope you had a fun trip, too!



5 comments:
Don't you just love the things that daddies teach thier daughters?!
It's great...the hard part is teaching daddy what he SHOULDN'T teach his daughter!
I love the pigtail picture. Her hair is getting long.
Morgan is a goof!!! I can't wait to see you guys! Michelle will love Morgan.
Nice! Yeah we have our flights! We come the weekend of June 19 and leave like the following Tuesday. After that Sunday we can probably spend time with you since the wedding will be over.
Post a Comment