No pictures or videos today, so sorry for those of you that love to watch Morgan. I thought I would actually write a serious post tonight. And, due to the fact that I am pregnant, I will likely cry as I type.
I love being a mom! There aren't any big, exciting things that happen most days, but it's all the little things that add up to the great joy I experience as a mom. For instance, we went on a family walk after dinner and Morgan asked if Rock could come. At first, Brian was a little bit hesitant because Morgan wanted to ride on his shoulders and he didn't want to get hit on the head. But, Rock came along. And, here's the little moment that made the trip worthwhile. Partway through the walk, Morgan said, "Rock cold," and cuddled up to Brian's head and shoulders while snuggling Rock. Cheesey, I know, but so precious.
There isn't anything that replaces the "Love you, Mommy!" or the "Love you, Daddy!" when you least expect it. It makes those days when you get peed on in the middle of the Sacrament seem so insignificant because you have a child that loves you, and unconditionally at that!
I also love to see Morgan apply the things we teach her. "Please" and "Thank You" are very important words at our house and it's been really exciting to see Morgan begin to remember on her own to use them. While a toddler doesn't have the best of manners, it's such a sweet attempt at trying!
So, I may not get a monetary paycheck for being a mom, but the pay is phenomenal and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Who would want to pass up the opportunity to eat a chili pepper, pineapple, lemon soup everyday? (oh, that's what Morgan made for me to share with her tonight--thank goodness for plastic food!)
3 comments:
Very sweet! I love it too! I just hope I don't get peed on in church!
I couldn't agree with you more. There is nothing that can quite compare to being a mother. Oh, and after reading the first comment I just realized that we have a motherhood moment in common--I was peed on in church too. Do you remember when Miles was a newborn and I sent you an email about changing his diaper and getting "sprayed"? Motherhood is also constantly unpredictable! I guess that's part of why it's so much fun.
Perfect description- and really- motherhood doesn't get any better. Keep that outlook forever and you are going to be great. Way to go Super-Mom!
p.s. I am still REALLY proud of you for keeping Rock- Morgan is quite the caretaker!!
Post a Comment