Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Traveling to Idaho

It took about 10 hours each way to get to Pocatello from Denver. Not too bad, and Morgan actually did really well! The hard part was about 1/3 of the drive was on a 2 lane highway through back country, so there wasn't anywhere to stop and let Morgan run around.



Here are some of the highlights from the road.



Morgan loves sunglasses. So, of course, she had to test Daddy's for a little bit.



Morgan was quite excited to see hot air balloons (and lots of them!) on our trip!

Napping in the car. The best 2 1/2 hours of the trip!!

We stole this idea from my cousin, Melissa (she had an unfortunate encounter with a Walmart restroom while potty training her girls). Because we knew a good portion of the trip would be on a 2 lane highway with nowhere to stop and go potty, we brought Morgan's potty along with us. She referred to it as the "outpotty".

We stopped at Burger King for lunch, where Morgan got an "Ivy Hat". (The first time she got a BK crown, she was with her friend, Ivy--she's got a pretty good memory!) She, of course had her hat and glasses on (she seems to about 75% of the time these days), and I turned back to see that she had managed to get her "Ivy Hat" on top! Now that's talent for a toddler!

7 comments:

Carie Annie said...

LOL love the potty picture!

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

What a trooper. It looks like she entertained herself pretty good in the car. -and I'm glad someone could make use of the "out potty" idea.

The Boring Family said...

Well, I was glad to have the "outpotty" over a mess in the car. Thanks again for the idea!

Natalie said...

Whoa- I have been slacking- I haven't been on your blog in forever! There was a lot to catch up on! I'm glad you had a fun time. I love the "Ivy" hat :)

ashley g. said...

That potty was a great idea. I'm glad that you had a blast- did Rock attend this vacation or did you get a pet sitter? :)

BTW- when are you due? How are you feeling? I've been thinking of you...

The Boring Family said...

I'm due August 2nd and feeling MUCH better this time around! As far as rock, he stayed home and watched the house for us. But, he was the first thing Morgan looked for when we got home. I'm anxious to hear how you're liking Utah, Ashley!

ashley g. said...

Ahhh... good ol' Utah. Let's just say it has been an adjustment. I'm freezing here, my skin is falling off and I am still amazed at the amount of Mormons and Mormon "slang" that I have completely forgotten about. I'm sure it will help when we find a house (hmmm... living with parents- don't most people my age do that? I think NOT.) I guess I like it??

I'm glad that Rock has proved trusty and true- I just hope he/she didn't throw any wild house partys in the garden while you were gone.

SO glad that you are feeling well! That means this child will be even better, right? I hope!