Wednesday, June 4, 2008

FHE and Bye-Bye Toddler Mullet!

This is two posts in one, since the same pictures can be used to explain both parts of the title.



As many of you know, Morgan has been having hair issues as of late. The back of her hair is growing, and growing, and growing, while the front hasn't been as successful. So, I finally had time, now that I'm almost done working (I'm only training this week, so way less than even part-time like before), to get her hair cut and styled, rather than my sorry attempt to just trim it.

First, the old "do":

And now, the new "do":


Also, on Monday night, we were able to hold our first semi-successful FHE with Morgan. In the past, all she's ever retained (not that it's bad) is the "Temple Song" and what a temple looks like (i.e. to Morgan a temple is the picture on the wall OR the church building--I don't know how she qualifies them both).

However, this week, we learned about being special. I have the OLD, OLD, OLD nursery manuals from my mom, dated back to the early 80's, so I used one of those lessons. We traced Morgan and learned about how she is different and unique, and then traced her and colored her to display on the wall. Notice Bunny also got traced and colored. We can't do much without her these days.

We also made a sign for Morgan's bedroom door that she got to decorate all by herself. It reads, "I Am Special!"
Here she is holding her sign and displaying her artwork:


We are very proud of our little girl and are happy to be able to teach her such wonderful principles about the Gospel and show our love and appreciation for her sweet spirit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay Morgan's hair looks soooo cute. she is so adorable. we did the same thing with afton. it wasn't for fhe but we traced her and colored her. we also did madelyn who stayed surprisingly still.

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! This is Christie (McConnell) Farnsworth from the Colony. I found your blog through Kira's. It looks like you guys are doing well and your daughter is beautiful!

Courtney said...

Morgan's hair is so cute!!good job, so much better.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I love her haircut. That's one thing about having a girl that I'm nervous about...with a boy you just buzz it off and no big deal, no fighting to brush hair or keep hair clips in etc....I'm going to have to get some pointers from you when Hailey's hair gets longer.

Melissa said...

What a great idea! She's so smart for her age, it's amazing and talking so much! Sorry your camping was crazy but glad you had better weather. I love the haircut!

Kira said...

I can't believe how big Morgan is!!! I guess it has been a long time. Her hair is adorable, and congrats on the discipline. Super Nanny would definitely be proud!!!! I can't believe how much she looks like you Mackenzie.