Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Day, New Adventures...

Last night, just as we were going to bed, Morgan woke up. We weren't surprised at all because she had chosen to sleep in her fleece footsie pajamas and wouldn't budge! So, when she started to cry, I checked on her, and she was sitting up in bed, sweating! She, of course, wanted to come sleep in mommy's bed, but last night, I put my foot down.
I told her she had to sleep in Morgan's bed. She didn't want to, so, I did what you're supposed to do with a toddler, gave her an option. I told her she couldn't sleep in mommy's bed, but she could sleep in Morgan's bed or on the couch. Basically, I figured she wouldn't want to sleep by herself in a new room, so she would likely choose to go back to bed. Nope.
It took her all of about 0.2 seconds to decide she wanted to sleep on the couch (well, actually the floor), and she proceeded to get her blanket, bunny, and a pillow off the couch and lay down. And, that was the end of the battle.
When I woke up at 5:30 this morning, here she was:


Morgan's 2nd birthday is next week. I bought this kitchen for her way back in January, thinking I might give it to her for some big event that may happen in the interim (i.e. potty training treat, easter, etc.). Needless to say, the motivation to actually put it together didn't come until Saturday night. So, ever since then, this is how we find Morgan probably about 90% of the time:


In fact, when she woke up this morning, I asked her what she wanted for breakfast, and, of course she replied with her usual, "Oatmeal, please." So I went into the kitchen to make her oatmeal. When it was done, I asked her if she wanted to come eat her oatmeal. Her reply: "No mommy, cooking." So, about 15-20 minutes later, she ate cold oatmeal for breakfast.

I made the chef hat for her today out of tissue paper and posterboard. She's having a chef birthday party on Monday night, and I thought I'd see just how easy they are to make for all the kids. Here's the link if you'd like it: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10587

4 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Love the hat!

ashley g. said...

My, my, my Morgan is a busy girl! How does she find time for anything between cooking, feeding the baby, guarding the couch and keeping her laundry clean? I am dying at all of your recent posts. What a cute kid. BTW- can she come work at my house? My daughter needs some lessons in this helpfulness that Morgan has developed.

SniderMom said...

I love the little kitchen! You know what? I always HATED those footsie pajamas! I think it took Morgan 2 seconds to fall asleep on the floor after all of that cooking!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Very cool hat. Cool kitchen too.