Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Day Continued...

And, as I am holding Sadie, she just puked on me.

Back to the story...

So, we all got a nap until about 2:30. Morgan woke up and immediately insisted on "bumping Sadie", who was sleeping peacefully on the floor, with her shopping cart. I convinced her it wouldn't be in her best interest, so Sadie didn't get run over (thank heavens!).

I decided maybe we all needed to get out of the house for a bit, so I was getting the girls ready to run to JcPenney to pick up Sadie's pictures (to be posted later), and Sadie PUKED all over...herself, her carseat, everything! So, I changed her, and covered her carseat and off we went. About 2 minutes down the road, she puked again. I stopped and checked to see how badd it was. Not too bad, but now, Morgan is constantly repeating, "Mommy, Sadie crying, Sadie sick," over and over. But, I figured, we are already out, she's not getting out of her carseat and I just need to pick up the pictures. So we did, but Sadie puked again...either on the way there or the way home...it's all a blur. Anyway, we made it home.

It's now dinnertime and, since Brian is gone, and my day is going so well, I'm not cooking. Morgan wanted a peanut butter sandwich. Easy enough, right? Wrong...we only have black raspberry jam in the house, so by the end of dinner, she has peanut butter AND jam all over, like a typical 2-year old would. Into the bath. Luckliy, pretty uneventful for both girls. Sadie doesn't smell like puke (for the time being), and Morgan is jam and peanut butter free!

Desperate for a minute to eat something myself (lunch was 2 choc. chip cookies--didn't make the chicken salad I had planned), I let Morgan play outside. Morgan decided it would be more fun to dump out all of her bubbles and "paint" the patio (translation: make it slippery so she, or someone else, could fall down and get hurt--fortunately, it didn't happen), than to actually blow bubbles. So, into the house for timeout we go. Well, running around the house for time out we go. Eventually, she stays, I feed Sadie, and all is well.

Until I got puked on a few minutes ago, the rest of the evening went well. Morgan went to bed without too much hassle and is now sound asleep. I just need to pick up my house so I don't kill myself when I get up in the middle of the night to feed Sadie. Then, hopefully, I can get at least 6 hours of sleep tonight!

Pray for a better day tomorrow! We miss you, Brian! Come home!

4 comments:

ashley g. said...

Sweetheart- I am so happy to know that I am not alone in crazy 2-year-old stories. And I will be joining you in new-born stories soon. I hope that tomorrow is a luxorious day.

ALSO- a helpful hint that my sister in law gave me. If Morgan loves to paint the sidewalk, try giving her a bowl of water and a paintbrush. Then she will be able to paint and paint and paint without any craziness on Mom's behalf. BUT- keep the real paint hidden.

Take care. I will pray really hard for you.

Anonymous said...

Today will be better! The caos will subside and soon you will have all the family around. So, there will always be someone around so little miss Morgan can't get into too much trouble! I hope! Anyways have a great day and hopefully life will be a little bit better.

Carie Annie said...

OH I feel for you, hope you are having a better time of it by now :)

hugs

Kira said...

Awesome!!!! Not really, but it is rather humorous if you think about it. Congrats on making it through the day!