Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Just Venting...


...so if you don't want to listen to me complain, just skip this post.


I can't believe I haven't cried at all today. It's barely 12:30 p.m. and Morgan is FINALLY asleep, after 3 terrible 2-year old meltdowns! I mean, meltdowns! She was kicking the wall, throwing things out of her closet (luckily, she can only reach blankets), and screaming at the top of her lungs. Then, because I was trying to take care of Morgan, poor Sadie kept getting set down, right in the middle of eating her bottle, so she would scream. Yikes!


I think the only reason we all made it through alive is because I remember that Brian comes home tomorrow morning, my sister is currently on her way to Denver (she'll be here tonight), and eventually, Morgan will grow out of this (only for Sadie to reach 2 years old and I get to start all over)!


So, Morgan is asleep now, and I don't dare move her.


The only reason I got a picture of where she is sleeping is because Sadie was crying, so I had to go into their bedroom to get her and I bumped into her trying to open the door.

So, that's life today. I had originally planned to take the girls to the library, but, seeing as how I didn't even get a shower, that probably won't happen.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Oh, and I'm not posting this so people can feel sorry for me. I truly am posting this so I can vent and look back and think, "It could be worse."

Morgan just woke herself up and is crying again. It's only 12:44.

5 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

What a day!!! Tomorrow's gotta be better, right?

The Carlson Crew said...

Oh, Mackenzie, I feel ya! You can do it...you're awesome!

Aubrey said...

Ugh, so hard... but you can do it! I like reading venting posts because then I know I'm not alone when I have one of those days...

Mother Goose said...

Mack! I am so sorry! I would have been in tears around 10pm. I am very proud of you. Got that package today. Avery is already in love with the dog. Thanks again!

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

We all have days like this. You are doing great. And its ok to let your 2 year old cry for a while. Just grab a handful of chocolate chips, take a deep breath and hide in the closet until she's done.