Sunday, August 3, 2008

We Survived the First Week!

It wasn't that hard to do. This is pretty much all Sadie did:



Occasionally, we could get her to open her eyes for a few seconds:
But, then, she'd fall right back to sleep!
She started practicing holding her own bottle (Morgan NEVER did this):
We went on walks, and guess what? She slept!
Sadie and Morgan are definitely night and day when it comes to their newborn personalities! It seemed as though we couldn't get Morgan to sleep, and we're lucky if Sadie remembers to wake up to eat!
Morgan is adjusting very well to being a big sister. She hasn't thrown any major fits (other than the usual 2 year old ones) and Sadie's only been smothered a couple of times. All in all, we're doing quite well.




5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Sadie is such a cutie! Thanks for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Awww, she is so cute and Morgan looks so happy to finally be her big sister!! Sorry we can't make it out for her baby blessing, we wish we could, and it would be great to see everyone... so give Sadie our loves (and Morgan too!!)

Joseph and Tiffany said...

What a little sweetie!

Melissa said...

Yeah! I'm so glad! I showed your blog to Will the other day and he started to cry a little when he saw Morgan singing happy b-day to Sadie. I cried too. She is so sweet and adorable!

ashley g. said...

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that. This week has been yet another wild week with a 2-year-old and I keep thinking, "This baby is lucky I'm already pregnant... or we would be done!" ;) Just kidden- I am happy to see that things are going well though.

So, life is really survivable with more than one child?

I am so PROUD of you! Way to go Ladies (and Brian, of course). What a beautiful family you have.