Sadie refused to eat all day Monday, so I panicked when she hadn't eaten hardly anything by 5 p.m. I called the pediatrician and they sent us to the ER for observation. So, we dropped Morgan off at a friend's house and went to the Children's Hospital. The doctors poked and prodded for a few hours, and came to the conclusion that they weren't quite sure what to do. So, they sent us home, but her pediatrician wanted to see her the next day to make sure we shouldn't do any tests. (Oh, and as if this wasn't a hectic enough night, my mom's flight came in at 8 p.m., so Brian had to leave the hospital to go get her from the airport!)
Tuesday morning, I dropped Morgan off at a friend's house for playgroup/preschool, and she wasn't there 10 minutes when I got a call that she had thrown up. So, I went back to get her. My mom took the responsibility of feeding Sadie every 2 hours (or at least trying to feed her), and I got sick toddler patrol. Morgan laid down for a nap and wanted to come with me to Sadie's doctor appointment, so we all piled in the car to go to the doctor. We weren't more than a mile from home and Morgan puked more than I think I've ever seen a kid puke! (And remember, she didn't have much to eat all day because she had already thrown up and we were playing it safe!) So, Morgan is crying on the way back home because she's "yucky" and her flower carseat needs "clean". Then we get back to the house and mom and I are on either side of the car, looking at each other, saying, "I don't want to touch her, do you?" Poor Morgan. We did get her out of the car, though, and put her straight into the bathtub. And the rest of the day, she spent with the "big white bowl" next to her.
Since we missed the doctor on Tuesday, we went in Wednesday morning. The consensus on Sadie: she is just a little bit slow to welcome herself into the world, so I have the joyous responsibility of feeding her every 2 hours--round the clock! Luckily, mom is taking the night shift this week (thanks, mom!), but I'm on patrol when she leaves. Other than this small (okay, large) inconvenience, Sadie is doing well. The doctor is hoping that in the next couple of weeks, she will begin to initiate eating on her own. Until then...
The girls took a bath on Wednesday night. Here's a cute shot of Morgan "washing" Sadie's hair. The rest of the night was a completely different story...Morgan didn't fall asleep until after 11:30 p.m.! She was in her room, throwing a fit for 3 1/2 hours! Mom was tempted to give her Tylenol with Codine(sp?) because it makes you sleepy! We still have no idea what her deal was!
Today, we went to the zoo, and we took lots of pictures, but they're on "Damma's" camera, so they'll have to wait until she gets back home.
So far, it's been a HUGE blessing that my mom has been here this week, and not last week. Who knows what the rest of the week will hold!
6 comments:
I'm so sorry! Moms/Grandmas are wonderful things. Hope next week is better!
Glad your mom is in town. Hang in there!
You and your poor girls. I hope that next week brings better things to come. At least Morgan is doing better, and Sadie will be scarfing down food on her own in no time (although it may seem like an eternity to get there).
And aren't Mom's the greatest? Although, both times that my Mom came to visit me when my daughter was a newborn, that is when she seemed to be impossible. Maybe she'll be just fine now that she knows she can't spend all of her "free time with Damma" and she'll choose to eat and sleep all by herself.
I'll keep my fingers crossed- you are an awesome Mom.
Hope your week is improving. I wanted to say congrates on the new addition. She is so cute. Just remember she does her best growing when she and will eat when she is good and rested. Have a great week (much better than this last week).
Diana
Ah, the memories! When it rains, it pours. Sorry you had such an awful week. This next one will be much better! Wish you were closer!
Your poor family! I hope everyone is doing better soon!
Post a Comment