Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I HATE CARPET!!!

Phew! Now that I have that out of my system, I can explain why I recommend never putting carpet in your home. Well, any room that little kids can bring food into (which, we all know means anywhere because we listened to mom and never brought food into our rooms...).

This morning, I made smoothies for breakfast. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I put fresh raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and bananas. They were delicious. Morgan was having a bit of trouble getting it to go through her sippy cup lid, because it was a little thick. So, I took the lid off, knowing that she would be careful. Plus, I completely trust her without a lid now.

So, I got this picture, about halfway through her smoothie. I just couldn't resist the purple mustache, especially how it curls up at the ends!


Morgan continues to drink her smoothie and eat her toast. However, she misjudged the edge of the table and down came smoothie, all over the dining room!! I actually watched it all, but couldn't catch the cup fast enough and it truly was an accident! Morgan's immediate response after, "Oh!" was, "So sorry, Mommy. I spill smoothie. So sorry!" So, here is the original disaster.

I pulled out the carpet cleaner and we both started scrubbing. I'm not exactly sure when because I was focused on scrubbing, but sometime in the middle of the 55 minutes we were scrubbing (yes, Morgan helped the entire time), Sadie stopped chatting to herself and blowing bubbles (a new talent of hers...it's quite cute!) and fell asleep. So, I left her there, figuring there was no point in moving her.
Here is the finished product. If you were to get down on your hands and knees, as I was while cleaning it, you will be able to see very, very light traces of pinkish/purple, but for the normal observer (i.e. the rest of my family), you wouldn't even know. For that, I am grateful, but I'm still bugging Brian for hardwood by next Christmas!
And, my initial statement still stands. I HATE CARPET!!!








8 comments:

Carie Annie said...

OH my gosh I am SO with you there!! I think dinning room should never have carpet! Oh and guess what is in the dinning room of this apartmnet, yep CARPET!! I had a rule in our old house "no eating on the carpet" or "eat in the kitchen" but now it's so frustrating! And as a renter you want to keep the place nice so you can get your deposit back. sigh I sympathize!

Mother Goose said...

Since I have to have a smoothie every morning for breakfast, there have been a few times when it gets on the carpet. I found a micrale cleaner. Its called Increadible and I can only find it at Bed Bath and Beyond. My smootie stains come up in 3 minutes. Good luck!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Yeah, I scrub something off of my dining room carpet at least once a week. I've just given in and don't let it bug me. Oh, boy. Next house we get will have a nook for sure. Morgan's mustache is adorable, and I think you did an excellent job cleaning the stain.

Kira said...

Oh so sorry ... dark carpet isn't as bad. It hides stains really well :-) But if you are going to replace it anyway ... wood or tile!!!

I want a smoothie!

Anonymous said...

you should do what melissa does. she has a plastic mat that goes underneath the girls stools. that way anything they drop lands on the mat and she can either wipe it up, or the girls can vacuum it up. its so nice, especially when they are eating something messy, like a smoothie.

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

I agree! I HATE carpet! That's why we ripped ours up a couple years ago. Wood is the BEST with kids!

Alie said...

i think this is one of my favorite Morgan stories. "so sorry, mommy, so sorry!" and then you made her clean it up with you...classic. :) way to stick to it.

ashley g. said...

At least Morgan was so sweet about it. What a cute girl. And I'm sure that she loves to "help scrub." What 2-year-old doesn't? (Mine BEGS to use Windex on the mirrors- adorable!)

And the reason I bought my houes? The ENTIRE main floor is either tiled or laminate flooring. So easy to clean. Brian- buy your wife some new flooring!! OR Morgan- go get Daddy's credit cards again and take Mommy shopping with you this time!