Thursday, November 6, 2008

Building Bridges

This afternoon, I was kind of bummed when I called Brian and he said he would be home by 6:00 (lately, he's been coming home at about 5:15-5:30), so I thought, well, let's make the best of it. It was just after 4:00, so I needed to "entertain" for 2 more hours. Sadie needed to eat, and I needed to "distract" Morgan for awhile, so I told her she could bring her blocks and train set into the front room. She was so excited!
I sat on the couch, feeding Sadie, with the news in the background. I looked down, and Morgan was intently building her train tracks and "boats" (unfortuantely, no pictures--it would have ruined the moment). Absolutely no care in the world, other than to make sure she constructed her masterpiece just as she wanted. Then, when she had finished the train track and boats, she asked me to build some bridges for her train to go under. She seems to be obsessed with going over and under bridges right now.
Anyway, it was one of those warm your heart moments when you just want to freeze time. One of those moments that reminds you why you love your life, just how it is, even if you wash bottles, sweep the floor, and build lego bridges day in and day out. If you have a child that thinks you're the greatest, it all seems to be worth it. And, I'm pretty sure I'm the greatest bridge builder Morgan has ever known. Even better than Daddy.

3 comments:

Carie Annie said...

Awe, so sweet, love thoes moments!!

Courtney said...

That's sweet! Maybe you need to print that story (and a few other good ones) and post them around your house, to read when she is throwing one of her lovely fits.

mesa2003 said...

Very sweet story! Morgan is a sweet girl and you're a good mommy.