I definitely can't complain about the gorgeous weather we've been getting! In fact, today, we had a record high of 71 degrees! There is basically no snow to be seen anywhere in Denver. It's great!
Since the weather has been so nice, I decided to take the girls for a walk today. I wish I had my camera to take pictures, but, of course I will just have to explain this experience instead. Sadie is in the "red" stroller and Morgan was pushing her baby in her "polked-ott" stroller. As we are walking side by side, pushing our "babies", I'm listening to Morgan talk. To whom, I'm not sure. The conversation went a little something like this:
Morgan:
"Baby sad. Baby crying. Mom, don't walk by me, baby is sad. Mom, don't leave me! Wait! Baby, you hungry? Baby, you tired? Here, baby, have a blanket (proceeds to stuff a doll blanket completely over her baby...picture a stroller with blankets and NO baby--you couldn't see the baby!). Mommy, baby is tired. I need to carry her. "
Mackenzie:
"You can carry her. Would you like me to hold her stroller?"
Morgan:
"No. I do can do it." (This is where I wanted the camera)
Morgan proceeds to pick up her baby, in the stroller, hold it over her shoulder, as if she were burping a baby, and continue on our walk. Quite a funny sight! Don't forget the sounds of exertion as if she's carrying a ton of bricks!
Mackenzie:
"Morgan, can I help you hold your baby?"
Morgan:
"No, I'm fine. I'm carrying baby."
Okay. If that seems to be the best way and you're happy. I'll take it!
So, we continued on our walk, me pushing Sadie in the stroller and Morgan carrying her baby in her stroller. It was such a cute beginning of the story, I just had to share it. The ending, not so cute. Remember, Morgan is two. But, she's happy now and that's what matters. Tomorrow is supposed to be another gorgeous day so we'll have to try a walk again. This time, I'll bring the camera and hopefully, Morgan will leave the tantrum!
4 comments:
Ironically enough, we went on a walk with a baby stroller today too. Although, Kalli decided to take it off roading... in the yucky Utah snow... in 30 degree weather.
We should have come walking with you. I would have loved to have witnessed this with you. Morgan- you need to be friends with my daughter. Next time I come to CO, we're coming to visit.
so cute! i love the things morgan says!
Very cute! I think the ending was just as cute as the beginning.
That is hilarious! I hope you get a picture of it.
Post a Comment