Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Naptime and Other Random Things

During naptime, I'm trying to do a little of this:
Sadie is almost always up from her nap first, so, while I sew, she does this (only 23 lbs. to lift up, but she's finally getting on her knees):
And, Morgan is still doing this:
It's actually a pretty good system for us. I've worked on more projects (sewing and otherwise) these past few weeks than I think I've done in months! Now, if we could only figure out bedtime...
------------------------------------
Please donate to Brian's Sunglass Fund. His $5 pair of sunglasses broke a few weeks ago, so he superglued them back together. Then, Sadie reached for them the other day and here's what's left:
But, get this. Brian is still too cheap to replace his broken $5 sunglasses, so while I had the glue gun out last night, he hot glued them back together! I wish I had a picture, but I forgot to take one. But you can imagine a little pile of hot glue on the frame of his glasses. I suppose it is slightly less tacky than duct tape...

7 comments:

Alie said...

oh boy, oh boy. walmart sunglasses are wonderful because i don't feel so bad replacing them each year!

Ames Family said...

Hey It's so good to hear from you! I love your profile about keeping busy to stay sane...I have the exact same philosophy. Cute blanket!....I need to start sewing again....at the moment I'm staring at the computer or wall way too much! Also, such a cute blog....excited to read more!

aboringfam said...

Wow it must be a family thing because John is that cheap also. He is always trying to fix things while I think it would just be easier to buy a new one.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Ok, so when is Brian's birthday?? I think we are going to go birthday shopping for him this year for a very specific item!! Oh, and I wish I lived closer so you could help me with my sewing projects.

Kelly said...

Mackenzie,

I always read your blog because I can relate to it and my son loves your videos. It seems we are often having similar scenarios in our homes. Once again your nap time sounds exactly like ours around here.

ashley g. said...

You sew too? You are amazing! The only cool thing I can do is touch my nose with my tongue. And I will happily donate to the glasses fund.

And seriously jealous that Morgan naps. Kalli quit 6 months ago. Life will never be the same. XO to you and your girlies!

Natalie said...

Tell Brian I think we can spring to donate to the fund.
Nice job on your projects too! You are superwoman :)