Morgan and Baby
Morgan has begun mothering her baby much more these past few months. Over breakfast last week, I asked her how old her baby is. Her response: "18 months." I then asked if Baby could walk. Morgan replied, "Not quite yet. (brief pause) But she can talk. She says oatmeal (what we were eating for breakfast), booster seat, napkin, spoon, stroller, sippy cup..." You get the idea. Now look at the picture. I wonder where Morgan selected her baby's new vocabulary words from...

Sadie's Toys and Tricks

Colorado in June
Thunder, lightning and hail! After about 5-10 minutes, the ground was white! The next morning, there were little mounds of ice on our front lawn!


Mr. Sun (and Morgan, the "toot dirl")
Here's Morgan and her talking sun she made at Preschool last week. It's lots of fun to watch her have "conversations" with it.
Sadie's Toys and Tricks
Sadie recently discovered Morgan's array of "big girl" toys and Morgan loves to get them out to play with. So far, the only stipulation Morgan has imposed on playing with the "big girl" toys is Sadie must be wearing some of the necklaces. Sadie doesn't seem to mind, as long as she can ditch the baby toys!
Brian taught Sadie a new way to play peek-a-boo.
I just couldn't resist that cute grin!

Brian taught Sadie a new way to play peek-a-boo.
I just couldn't resist that cute grin!

Colorado in June
When we lived in Provo, I got used to one final snow storm sometime in the middle of June. Pretty random, but, to be expected (at least while I lived there). However, in the 3 1/2 years we've been in Colorado, we have yet to experience "normal" weather. Our first winter was those 2 awful blizzards at Christmas. This past winter, we hardly saw snow until the Spring and then had 6 weekends straight of snow! So, we weren't surprised when late the other night, we looked outside and saw this:
Thunder, lightning and hail! After about 5-10 minutes, the ground was white! The next morning, there were little mounds of ice on our front lawn!

The Ward Dutch Oven Cookout
Morgan and her friend, Pen decided to experiment with a possible career choice, pole dancing. While I will not endorse this for Morgan for as a career, it kept her occupied at the ward activity.
And Sadie loved eating, what she does best.
3 comments:
It's funny because when we visited, I asked Morgan if Baby had a name, and she said, "No, just Baby." Then I asked her about Baby's daddy...that opened up a whole new can of worms!
I have a friend from Colorado out here who always says that in Colorado they say "if you don't like the weather just wait a little bit and it will change." Sounds like it rings true. Cute post! I'm glad Morgan is enjoying preschool!
My goodness- that's a lot of wonderful randomness. And I'm glad that you didn't have an accompanying tornado with your crazy weather! And Morgan- you are one of my fav's to read about.
Post a Comment