Saturday, July 11, 2009

My First Haircut

No, not mine! And, technically, not Morgan's either. This happened to be her first (and hopefully ONLY) time she played hairdresser on herself. It doesn't look too bad, except for the fact that her bangs now consist of the chunk in the middle and nothing on either side.

How did I discover it? Well, she had been playing Play-doh while I was in another room of the house. Usually completely harmless. She came into the office and wanted to sit on my lap while I was on the computer. So, we looked at pictures of her cousins on blogs and she got down to go play a few minutes later. I looked at my shirt and there was a ton of hair on it. I thought, "Hmm, that's odd. I don't have blonde hair and I wore this shirt last night and it was clean. I wonder what happened." A few minutes later, I look at Morgan and she's got a chunk of hair on her shirt. I'm thinking to myself, "That's strange, I think I would have noticed a clump this big when I combed her hair this morning." Then, I looked at her face. Well, you know the rest...

I asked her what happened. She said she used her Play-doh scissors (she learned to cut Play-doh at preschool, not hair). They're in time-out until next week.

I've decided that it's not too bad. If I comb what she has left, she just looks like she has sparse bangs. And, that'll have to do for the next couple of months because I can't glue hair back on. (Plus, I already swept and mopped the floor to rid the house of all the remnants!)

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Atleas it will grow back (an d atleast at a faster rate then my kids)

Lauren said...

SO NAUGHTY!!! And look at all the attention she gets...her picture taken, an entire post on the blog...are we crazy or what!?! I was laughing so hard when I read the title.....It doesn't look bad at all form the photos...I will see it in a few weeks when we come to Denver--then I can vouch :) Have a great night! Love you guys....good attitude about the whole thing :)

Alie said...

Wow, Morgan...you never cease to amuse us. (But I bet you your Mom's not too amused about it...)

Joseph and Tiffany said...

You're right--it could have been a lot worse. It doesn't look too bad at all. Oh, Morgan!

ashley g. said...

I'm not even going to comment because I'm sure this is right around the corner for us...

At least she looks cute! I love the bangs Morgan. Next time, though, ask for assistance. Sometimes permission is much easier than forgiveness... but not always...

Natalie said...

Hey again-
I think you should check out my friend Chelsea's blog. You will die!
http://www.ryanandchelsea.blogspot.com/

Love, The Riemans said...

I had no idea play-doh scissors could do such a thing!! You guys are cute!