Monday, September 28, 2009

Zucchini Anyone??

The past couple of weeks, we have benefitted from our garden finally deciding to produce vegetables. We check on it every couple of days, making sure everything is going well. This weekend, I decided the plants needed some pruning. So, as I was clipping leaves and stems off of the zucchini plant, I came across this:
That's an average size zuchinni on the left.

For comparison, here's Sadie holding our "prize" zuchinni. (Too bad there isn't a county fair this weekend to enter!)

And, here are a couple of pictures from the girls.

I obviously wasn't feeding Sadie crackers fast enough, so she decided to take matters into her own hands:

We've been teaching Sadie how to use a spoon. It's a messy job, but somebody's gotta do it!

And, can Morgan bake without tasting her scrumptious masterpiece? Of course not! This had peanut butter in it from our better than rice krispy treats! For the recipe, click here.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

You're girls are sure getting big. Can't believe the produce you got! Nice!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Oh yes, if you leave those zucchinis out there for too long they will get HUGE--we had several out of control huge ones. I learned that the bigger they get the tougher they are so if you want to slice them up and eat them get them while they are small, but if you want to grate them for zucchini bread let them get huge!

Lauren said...

We had a huge one too..but not that big! Wowza!

Natalie said...

Wow, that's one heck of a zucchini! You must have a green thumb :)