Friday, October 16, 2009

Learning Fondant

Before: A curious 3-year old takes matters into her own hands when Mommy isn't looking! (And she didn't get any cake after dinner!)

After: The cake was saved, thanks to frosting (and lots of it!)!! Here's the final product of my very first fondant cake! Not too bad for a first try!

I also learned how to make fondant roses last night. Here's my first one, ever! I made about 20 more while watching a movie late last night. I'll need 40 for my final project in a couple weeks.

8 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

That's amazing! I really want to take a class like that. Maybe one day I can be as cool as you!

Lilit said...

hey, what a good fondant job!!! beautiful cake and what a talent you have...

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

Wow!! Those cakes are amazing!!! I had no idea you had such neat hidden talents. Hope you are doing well.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Looks great! You really do have a talent with that!!

Mother Goose said...

You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Foodnetwork here she comes!

ashley g. said...

WOW!! I am impressed! Have you considered making cakes for people? Like a professional cake-maker I guess? (You know, I'm trying really hard to not sound stupid here- what is the official name for that?)

Adam and Nikki said...

Good Job, the cakes looks amazing.