Friday, December 4, 2009

Adventures in Motherhood!

Let me preface the story with some background information.

Every night at bathtime, Sadie ALWAYS ends up getting out first. She keeps trying to see if the rule, "Don't Stand Up in the Bathtub" has changed. It hasn't. So, every night, she has to get out about 5 minutes before Morgan. With 2 parents at home, this isn't a huge deal. One of us takes Sadie into the other room and gets her dressed for bed. The other keeps an eye on Morgan in the tub. With one parent, it's a little bit more difficult. Hence, the forthcoming story.

Last night, Sadie was all dressed and ready for bed after her bath. I had her in the room with me, but turned to hang up her towel behind the door, thus opening the door for her to quickly escape and get back to the tub. So, she did just that, and heard my footsteps right behind her so she hurried up a little bit faster. (For those of you that haven't been to our house, the distance between the girls' bedroom and the bathroom (even the tub, for that matter) is quite short.) So, there's Sadie, hurrying as fast as she could and when she got into the bathroom, she plunged full speed, head first, right into the tub, pajamas and all! It's a good thing Morgan moved out of her way and that I was just a milli-second behind her to pull her out even faster than she went in.

But, here's the best part.

As I pulled her out of the bathtub by her pajamas, I stood her up and there she was, sopping wet, grinning from ear to ear! For a 1-year old, she thought that was the most thrilling adventure ever! As a mother, I hope we never have to repeat!

No comments: