Monday, March 29, 2010

Whew! What a Week!

I didn't help Sadie out of this mess, and guess what? She hasn't dumped out the laundry and climbed into the basket all week!
Morgan's dessert request last night: Peanut Butter Cookies. They were super easy and DELICIOUS!! (As if this cute smile and messy face doesn't give it away!) For the recipe, click here.
We LOVE springtime at our house! Costco had strawberries on sale, so we bought some. They're HUGE and delicious!
For dinner, we made navajo tacos. Brian said they were good, but I don't think I'll ever make them as good as my mother-in-law. Every time we visit Brian's family, I request her navajo tacos! They are the BEST!
Anyway, the bread recipe we used is enormous (I even halved it this time!), so after making fry bread and dinner rolls to freeze for later, we still had extra bread dough. So, we experimented by making "healthy" (healthier) doughnuts. (As if anything fried can be considered healthy, we did use a whole wheat dough recipe--doesn't that count?) For the bread recipe, click here. They were so yummy, after trying one, Brian and I "hid" them from the girls so we wouldn't have to share! (Plus, they had Peanut Butter Cookies for dessert! So did we...)
Friday night, for our date, we went to Red Robin. If you don't remember Morgan's obsession with this place, click here. So, we surprised the girls and brought home a balloon for each of them. Sadie loves "Noons!" (Sorry, the video is sideways!)

And, I know everyone else is ready for winter to be over, but we got another storm last week, (and, it's in the 70's this week, so it's already gone!) but here's a few pictures and a question for Dad: Even though you like to brag about your beautiful golfing weather, we have a question for you:

When's the last time you built a snowman???

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Cute snowman!

ashley g. said...

Even if the snowman is adorable... I think I side with your Dad. Bring on the SUNSHINE!

And holy cooking! I'm impressed with all the awesome things you are cooking up. The cookies look awesome.

And Red Robin is right down the street from our house. We are total regulars.

Skinners said...

You guys have been busy! Seems its been FOREVER since I've seen you! Looks like a blast!

theboyes said...

hey I have some cheaters for Navajo tacos like mom's. instead of making bread buy the Pillsbury rolls of french bread then slice into pieces & roll out then fry. for the beans buy the cans of pinto beans & combine with half can of el pato sauce. It tastes a lot like mom's without the whole day process to make it.