Friday, April 23, 2010

2 Weeks

That's how long a 13 cent feeder fish lasts when fed cheerios and taken care of by a 3-year old.

Brian found Sadie Fish this morning and told Morgan. Her reply, "Oh." Brian asked if she wanted to say goodbye. Morgan said, "Bye, Sadie Fish." And then, she was gone. A few minutes later, Morgan said, "Mom, fish get old and die." I replied. "Yes. They do." I'm pretty sure she's over it now.

On the way to the sitter this morning, Morgan said, "Now we don't need to get a babysitter for Sadie Fish while we are on our vacation." (Perfect timing--we fly out tomorrow morning!)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Just like dogs! Haha...
Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

ours is still among the living. It has been getting fish food to eat, so perhaps that's why. Enjoy your trip.

Love, The Riemans said...

Do you guys remember our pet fish, Pete? We had him hidden in the dorms when I was a hall advisor. He lived a long long time, until Kalen was born, and then we forgot about him. One day, Pete was gone--Brian said we could get another one and name him Re-pete. He was a good fish.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Oh, I was going to ask you about Sadie fish tonight. Rest in peace, little Sadie fishie!