Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our California Trip

TWO weeks ago, we left for a trip to California, which included leaving the girls with Grandma Tammy and Papa Dale while Brian and I went on a cruise! (I highly recommend a cruise to anyone who hasn't been!) We came home late last Saturday night, had a church fireside that we both sang in on Sunday, and, well, to say the least, it's been a busy week! (Note: It's now Saturday night, May 22, and I am finally finishing the post I started Tuesday!)

Here's highlights from our trip:

On our way home from the airport, we stopped at the newly renovated Mormon Batallion Vistors Center in Old Town San Diego. Lots of fun! For more information, click here: http://www.mormon.org/sites/mormon-battalion/

Many of our fellow blog stalkers have heard about the chickens. When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's, we finally met them! We've been hearing so much about them, the girls wanted to see what they're all about.
Even at this distance, Sadie squawked and squealed. To say she's not fond of chickens would be a BIG understatement. We won't be chicken-sitting any time soon.
Morgan's Reaction when dropping us off for our cruise: "Wow! That's a really, really, really, really big boat! Are you going to go on it?"
Yes, Morgan, we are! And, we had a blast! Here we are out on the deck at sunset, right after setting sail.
Unfortunately, this really is the best picture (of me!) in our "formal cruise attire". Not really a "formal" picture, but...
To get to Catalina Island, we had to take a "taxi" boat from the cruise ship to the dock. That little door to the left of us is where we got in and out of the ship. And, our room was one of the windows just above the red line.
In Ensenada, we went horseback riding. I don't know exactly how long, but these horses have been taking the exact same trail for a very long time! Even if you tried to take control, the horses still chose their own speed and direction. So, I guess it did make it very easy and relaxing for us! Here's our big souvenir purchase, a snapshot taken by a nice little man at the ranch that doesn't speak any english other than, "Smile!" and "Thank you!".

This picture isn't too great because our horses were too close together and, like I stated above, they had their own way of doing things and wouldn't move, even if you tried.

Way out in the distance, on the left, you can see the water just off the coast. We went riding up in the foothills with a beautiful view of the coast!
This picture captures so well how we all felt on our trip home! Here's Sadie, sleeping on the plane!

Thanks, Mom, Dad, and Logan for all your help! We had lots of fun and appreciate you watching the girls. They are still talking about their fun week, too!

3 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Ok, just sent you an email wondering about your cruise, and then I thought that maybe I should check your blog. I have been a slacker about checking. I'm glad you had a great time!!

Melissa said...

That's awesome you got to go! You may have been on the same cruise as my friends from High School. . .the Alexanders. They went horsebackriding, etc too! Glad you could get some time alone :)

Natalie said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time! That is such a cute picture of Sadie sleeping :) So sweet.