After their bath tonight, we put the girls in the stroller and went for a short walk. It's summertime in Colorado, so not unusual to get an afternoon thunderstorm (which, tonight, meant a light drizzle).
As the rain started to fall, Morgan informed us that she learned in preschool how to make the rain stop. So, Brian and I inquired on how to do so.
She said, "You sing: Rain, Rain, go away. Come again another day. Tiny Tots want to play, Rain, Rain go away."
Not wanting to discourage her noble efforts (which, after a few minutes turned into screaming the song in desperation), we encouraged her to see if it would work. About 5 minutes into the light drizzle (the drops were practically dry hitting the sidewalk), I asked Morgan if she thought the rain would listen to her screaming at it.
She replied, "Mom, I'm not screaming. I'm loudly talking at it." Umm...maybe I should be a better example here.
Going to Sleep
Morgan and Sadie are supposed to be going to sleep. But, tonight, they are determined to everything but sleep!
About 10 minutes after we put them to bed, we heard their door open. From the couch, we could see them tiptoeing out of their bedroom, holding hands, ready to get into mischief. They saw us get up and start toward them and hurried their little buns right back into bed, hoping to avoid a spanking. Needless to say, it's been over 45 mintues and they are still in their room, as lively as can be!
And, Morgan is now trying to appeal to her dad's softer side by singing, "Daddy, Daddy. My daddy is so nice!"
1 comment:
Love the "loudly talking" comment. Sounds like my house! ;)
Post a Comment