We began our trip at 4:00 a.m., hoping to get through a chunk with the girls sleeping. We made it a couple of hours before discovering that Sadie gets car sick! (We later discovered that Morgan does, too, during our trip home)
About an hour after we set up our tent, we got rained on (anyone who's ever spent a summer in UT knows about the afternoon showers). Here's Morgan, Sadie, and their 2nd cousin, Brinlee, just waiting out the rain in the tent (and eating grapes).
Sadie jsut couldn't get enough of her Grandma and Grandpa! Here she is with Grandma, playing catch.

Did I mention we all got dirty??? Well, this girl definitely beat EVERYONE else (including all the other kids)!! Everytime we turned around, she was scooping up dirt, getting into the water faucet, or dumping out a water bottle onto her feet! Most of the time, I held her out at arm's length when I carried her. She was THAT dirty!

Here's the lone family photo from the trip. I took 91 pictures in 4 days and the rest are all of us having a good time!

Lucky for us, the campground didn't have showers! But, Grandma, Grandpa, and Freida stayed in a hotel, so we went back to clean up before bed each night.

Freida found these cute suits for a $1 at WalMart! We're just going to have to work on Sadie's belly a bit...

I read in a magazine just days before we left about marshmallow people. So, I grabbed a bag of marshmallows, a handful of straws and voila! Instant fun! (No picture of Sadie here--all I caught her doing was eating marshmallows!)

The three amigos, taking a break from their "hard day's work"!

Don't ask why Brian is in long sleeves, while the girls are in a cold swimming pool? By the way, the girls' outfits more accurately depict the weather.

Here we are, horseback riding. Brian's uncle brought up his horses for everyone to enjoy. Although we initially put two kicking, screaming, girls up onto the horses, by the end of their ride (about 30 minutes), Morgan didn't want to get off Lady, nor did Sadie want to leave Elmo. (Yes, those are their names.) In fact, Sadie got really good at directing Elmo by saying, " 'mon, Elmo. 's go, Elmo," each time he stopped to have a snack.





No comments:
Post a Comment