Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ladybug on the mail

Today, we received a Lands' End package in the mail (welcome summer swimsuits!!)  It was waiting on the doorstep when we came home this afternoon, complete with a resident ladybug that seemed to have been sitting there a while.

I called the girls over to show them the ladybug and the first thing Sadie did was stick out her finger.  I thought she was going to squish the poor thing, so I gasped and said, "Careful, Sadie!"  She replied, "Mom, I just going to pet it."  Ummm, okay.  Pet a ladybug??  I guess there's a first time for everything.

So they watched it for a few minutes as it crawled around the box.  Sadie tried to pick it up, but it had better plans and flew onto her shoulder before I helped it fly away.  She thought that was pretty cool.  "Look!  Mommy, the lady bugger is on my dress!" (We call her Sadie Bugger sometimes, so she calls insects "buggers.")





1 comment:

Courtney said...

How fun! Your weather looks so warm- are your girls in sun dresses already?