On Saturday, our family, along with the
Joneses, some of the
Montierths, and Grandpa Dale and Grammy Tammy, participated in
The Color Run. We had a lot of fun. And, as I look back through the pictures, I am having just as much fun reliving the event!
A quick explanation for those who may not have heard of this event before (don't worry, it was foreign to me until this summer!): Basically, it's a 5k that you can run/walk and every kilometer or so, you pass through a "color zone", where people toss colored corn starch onto you. By the end of the race, you are a mess of color. It's a blast!!!
I will admit, I was a little hesitant back in June/July, when Alie invited us to join them on this adventure. I seriously hadn't really ran since high school. But, Brian and I were up for the challenge, and, given all the trails in our neighborhood (our neighborhood is called "Painted Trails") and beautiful California weather, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. So, way back when, we attempted to get into shape. Or, at least enough to run a 5k.
The day before, I decided to make "hair curlies" for the girls. Not knowing how messy we'd really get, I'm glad I didn't go out and buy new ribbon just for this! The girls were excited to sport their festive clips!
We woke up at 6 am on race day, drove over and hour and a half (by the time we got into the parking lot) to Qualcomm Stadium, and let the fun begin! Okay, for me, it didn't really begin until I crossed the finish line. Yeah, I love running that much.
And, when we got home, we scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed in the shower. And, 5 days later, Morgan still has blue hair and I can't get the blue out of Carson's ears. But, it was so.much.fun!
Thanks, Alie and Tyler!
So, here's our family before and after. It's a good thing we drove the Kia!
And, here's all the fun we had in between!
 |
| Alie, Jack, and Tyler Jones |
 |
| Brian asked them to chalk a "Y" on his shirt during the run. |
 |
| The Brothers-in-law, Tyler, Rich and Brian |
 |
| Sisters! Mackenzie and Alie |
 |
| Somewhere, underneath all that powder, is Carson! You think he had fun? |
 |
Papa Dale and Grammy Tammy
(surrounded by their motley crew: Afton, Morgan, Mei, and Sadie) |
 |
| Even her tongue is blue! (But, the stitches were well covered and made it out clean!) |
 |
| Sadie, smiling for the camera! |
 |
| Grandpa Dale made it! |
 |
| Jack had so much fun, he fell asleep! (Well, spending the previous day at Disneyland wore him out!) |
 |
| Smile! |
 |
| Just had to include it...silly Brian! |
 |
| I think Morgan and Carson teamed up with the purple! |
 |
| Carson, you can thank your Daddy, when you're older, for giving you an entire bag of purple to dump down your shirt! |
 |
| We made it! |
 |
| Mei, Rich, Afton Montierth |
 |
| The kids were so pooped, we had to get creative in getting them back to the car! |
 |
| Even Grandpa's hair got colored! |
 |
| Absolutely exhausted! |
 |
| Imagine what the people at Jack in the Box were thinking when I walked in to order lunch? I just laughed off all the strange looks and thought, "I just had a ton of fun!" |
So, who's in for next year??
No comments:
Post a Comment