Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween is Almost Over!

Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  I didn't really like it as a kid, and, as an adult, I almost dislike it more.  But, now that we have 3 kids, 2 that thoroughly enjoy dressing up for the occasion, I kind of have to play along.  Plus, aren't they so cute in their BYU cheerleader outfits?  (Thanks, Grammy!)

So, here we are...a pathetic compilation of BYU cheerleaders, players and fan.  And, that, my friends, is about the most Halloween "spirit" you will ever get out of me.

Lucky for me, other than a quick trip to the lake last week (mostly for balloon animals), I got it all over and done with in about 24 hours.  Well, aside from the select neighbors we will need to stop by on Wednesday night.

At the Lake:

Sadie and her hippo, Morgan and her bunny, Carson and the tree trunk from his monkey swinging in a palm tree (it was soooo cute!).  Unfortunately, Carson sat down in the grass...oops!

There was a band playing Halloween tunes and Carson could have stayed all night, dancing to the music!

At Daddy's Work:

Friday night, Brian's office hosted its annual Halloween Party and the kids got to trick or treat through the cubicles, followed by a (much too) long magic show.  The kids loved it, Carson and the adults...not so much.

This little guy was determined to get into one of the packaged goodies people kept giving him!  
Het gave up on the candy, but, went straight for the cooler full of juice!  He knows these drinks from anywhere!  (And, the funny thing is, I've never bought them before!)

Sorry, this is the best shot I have of the girls from the party.  Our cheerleaders!


Pumpkin Carving:

After soccer (more about that in another post) on Saturday, we carved our giant pumpkin (thanks, Grandpa Dale!), "Mrs. Orange," in preparation for the trunk-or-treat at church.  This was the first time the girls had carved a pumpkin, and they kept saying things like "eeeew!" and "gross!", as Brian pulled all the pulp and seeds out.  My personal favorite from Morgan: "I'm not touching that!"  They did, however, want to help carve its face.
"Yuck, Daddy!  You do it!"

Even Carson wasn't so sure about what Daddy pulled out of the pumpkin!
Morgan carving the eye.
Sadie carving the other eye.

The final product.  Not too bad for their first pumpkin.  Just don't look too closely!

Trunk-or-Treat:

Saturday evening, we went trunk-or-treating at the church Halloween Party.  The girls came home and dumped all the candy on the table.  Morgan picked 6, Sadie, 4, and Carson, his allotted 1 (the girls were so excited that he got a piece of candy this year!).  They splurged, and put it all back into the big bowl for the Halloween Fairy.  And, that was the end of the candy!  Yay! (The Halloween Fairy is currently searching for a good donation spot!)

Sunday morning, they each had 2 presents to open (new BYU shirts), and were super excited!











1 comment:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I am not a fan of Halloween either. But I try to be a good sport too :). There is currently little flakes of glitter ALL over our house from a costume and all that candy just makes my stomach turn. Good bye Halloween, you will not be missed by me!