Thursday, November 21, 2013

Back to School

So, even though we were the LAST people I know of to go back to school (We didn't start until September 10th this year!), we did start a while ago, and, I am just now getting into a routine (more on that craziness later).

So, without further ado, here are our first day of school pics:




Our school is built on a hill.  Well, if you ask me every time I don't get a spot in the teeny-tiny parking lot, I may tell you it's actually more like a mountain.  Needless to say, it's steep, and, on the first day of school every good parent parks and walks their children to their classroom.

Last year, I had NO idea what to expect on the first day of school, since Morgan's Kindergarten was a teeny school of 85 kids.  I just parked in the parking lot and we walked in.  Easy peasy.

So, in 2012, when she started first grade, I had no idea what to expect (like 600+ kids in her Elementary School!).  I parked in the neighborhood and walked with all 3 kids, Carson barely walking himself, about 1/2 mile in my cute shoes (later regretted that choice) to take Morgan to her first day of school.  Big mistake.

This, year, we planned ahead.  And, I think we've found a great new tradition.  We got up and go left the house for school at 7:00, stopping at the donut shop on the way.  That put us in the school parking lot by 7:25, giving us a prime parking spot.  Then, we climbed into the back of the car and enjoyed our breakfast!  Yum!


 Morgan and her friends (photo courtesy of Eliza's mom, Angie).


Sadie got super lucky and Mommy, Daddy, and Carson all brought her to her first day of Kindergarten!!


And, now, while his sisters are away, Carson gets to be the head train engineer!  


No comments: