I'd like to show PROOF (look at the pictures below) that I sewed Morgan's quilt (with a lot of Grandma's help), last weekend in Sacramento. Brian and I finished tying it tonight, so you can look at the pictures in progress and the finished product. I'm really proud of myself. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it. Thanks for helping Grandma! Morgan loves her new quilt! -Mackenzie

Cutting the fabric out...I only measured wrong a couple of times!! Maybe I should have done 6" squares, not 6 1/2"!!! As for sewing, I didn't encounter any problems here.

Laying out the quilt to measure the batting was a little difficult. Morgan kept crawling all over the floor and bunching up the fabric! So, we tied it up on the frames to keep her out of the way (and to save some time...I was leaving that afternoon).

Here is the finished product. Brian was so nice to model it (He actually handed me the camera and told me to take a picture).
Here is some detail on the quilt. Oh, and I used the scraps to make Morgan a blanket for her bunny to match, so here's what it looks like.


No comments:
Post a Comment