Thursday, October 2, 2008

Farmer's Market

Of course I don't find out about it until the end of the summer, but we made it and Morgan loves to go! I don't know which is more fun, watching her "pay" for the fruits and vegetables, or her excitement when I let her pick them out and put them in the bag.

This week, she talked about the plums all the way home. In fact, when I talked to Brian on the phone, she made sure to mention that we bought more because he had taken the last one to work!

We are loving fresh produce at our house, and even Brian likes some of the new recipes I've tried. Oh, by the way, any suggestions for eggplant???


Morgan got $1 to pick out anything she wanted and she chose a pumpkin! She's not excited about it, though!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I have a great eggplant Parmesan recipe- basically you slice your eggplant, spray it with cooking spray then coat it in Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Then you bake them until they look crunchy (flip half-way through). Then you take them out of the oven add some spaghetti sauce, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top, heat it up together in a casserole dish and serve over noodles. I can see if I still have the weight watcher recipe- but that is the general idea.

Kelley said...

That is one of the cutest photos ever! I love that big, sweet smile and all of the gorgeous produce!