Monday, February 23, 2009

Toilet Paper

I thought this story deserved its own post.

Somehow, Morgan got this idea in her head that when she goes potty, she can only use "one square." She delicately pulls of one sheet of toilet paper from the roll, wipes, gets "one squirt" of hand sanitizer and is on her way.
Recently, she mistakenly pulled off two squares and was quite disturbed until she figured out what to do to rememdy the situation. She separated the two squares, used her allotted "one", and tenderly placed the second sheet on the roll "for next time," as she says. So, for days now, she's used the sheet already torn off and then, after doing her business, torn off another sheet while saying, "This one's for next time. Just one square, okay?"
I think the greatest part about this whole thing is that she is always surprised to see her "one square" ready for her each time she goes potty. Well, Morgan, you did leave it there last time and it didn't walk away.


So, if you're ever at our house and use the red bathroom, you'll likely see a single sheet of toilet paper already torn off for you. Just make sure you "pay it forward" and leave one for Morgan.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that is so cute. only one piece. what will she do if she ever needs more than one?

Lilit said...

that's hilarious!!!

Carie Annie said...

Well she's saving you money on TP! :) (and saving the earth too)

Kira said...

good to know ... maybe we should adopt the method in our house!

Alie said...

This morning I found "just one square" of toilet paper saved up for next time on our roll. Thank you, Tyler!

Melissa said...

That is so cute. Man, my girls use way too much toilet paper. One square?

ashley g. said...

That is AWESOME!! I sure hope that you have two-ply... then I could see it working well.

I think some characters on Sienfeld make it work... why not just one square?

Love, The Riemans said...

Don't you love the innocence of that age? So cute!