Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decorating the Gingerbread House

Last night, for Family Night, we decorated our gingerbread house. Morgan has been looking at the box (we cheated and bought the kit) for weeks, waiting to help decorate. So, last night, we finally did.

Before we started, I made one rule. The rule was that she couldn't decorate Mommy's sides. She had two sides and 1 roof and Mommy had two sides and 1 roof. Don't touch Mommy's! Surprisingly, Morgan followed it without any problems. She kept saying, "That's not mine side. I don't touch your side. Only mine side. It has candy on it."


Here we are, frosting the roof.

Daddy and Sadie were quality control (i.e. the candy eaters). Sadie dropped hers on the floor just as Brian took the picture. You can tell where her priorities lie.

Morgan's work in progress. She had to get creative when she ran out of the striped candies.

Morgan's completed side of the house. She requested that I put grass (green frosting) on her side, too, so she could put flowers (candy dots) in it.
My completed side of the house. Guess which side is on display???
I hope we continue this fun tradition!

2 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Both sides look great I think! Such a cute idea, I love it! I think I might just have to go out and get myself a kit, Miles would get such a big kick out of doing this!!

Kira said...

so cute!