Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!

It hasn't snowed in over a week, but it we haven't had temperatures much higher than freezing, either. So, we still have several inches of snow in the yard.

I didn't get pictures of the the arctic fox, but look at all those tracks in the backyard! We saw him dart across the front lawn, too! Here's our little snowbunny, Sadie. It doesn't matter the temperature, she's out there playing!
Brian thought it would be fun to play Bocce ball on Saturday afternoon. It was a gorgeous day (we got up to about 37 degrees!), so we headed out to the backyard.
We really enjoy this game. In the past, we've only played in the summer time. Now, we know why.
When you throw a white ball into white snow, it tends to get lost. Again and again and again...
Morgan was a trooper, though. Each time she threw it out into the snow, she'd carefully step all around where she thought she threw it until she finally found it.

I guess we just found a new "twist" to this classic lawn game!

2 comments:

Alie said...

When it was around 37 degrees last week, Tyler and I went sledding. I actually took off my jacket and was wearing my tshirt most of the time! Hooray for 37 degree weather being "warm" to us now??

Natalie said...

It seems crazy to say this, but I actually really miss the snow! It's super cold here, but we've only had little dustings of snow, and Ivy is dying to make a snowman.