I never have time to read magazines. I'm notorious for still trying to get through last month's issue of Real Simple when this month issue shows up in the mail. However, a flat tire last week gave me an opportunity to read an entire TIME magazine. (Who would have thought it would take over an hour to fix a flat???)
Note: I don't subscribe to TIME, and rarely do I even glance at it in the grocery store checkout. I'm usually making sure that my two little "helpers" are being careful with the eggs. Or, in the case of Sadie, not eating yogurt. But, that's for another time. I'm digressing.
In retrospect, I'm glad it took so long to fix that flat. Here's the cover of last week's issue:
Most of the issue focused on the how the internet is "redefining privacy," specifically facebook. As written in the article, Facebook has changed our social DNA, making us more accustomed to openness.
The author, Dan Fletcher, couldn't have stated my thoughts and feelings more perfectly. He wrote: There's something unsettling about granting the world a front-row seat to all of our interests.
Take the time to read it. It's very informative and I'm curious to hear what other people think about it.
Either click on the picture above or the link below for the article:
2 comments:
A HUGE reason why I no longer facebook. Wierdies from high school started looking me up, my wall suddenly became a babysitting request page and I DETESTED the inconstant double lives people lived. (Ever notice that? Someone so sweet and "churchy" all of the sudden writes something completely unbecoming of themselves.)
Needless to say, not a facebook fan in general.
Hmmm..going to have to read the article. I have a restricted facebook page that only "friends" can see, but I feel like facebook is a waste of time in general. I'd rather check a handful of close friends' blogs when I feel like it a couple times a month rather than get on facebook and see hundreds of (most of the time) silly updates from people I knew years ago and wasn't all that great friends with anyway or people I know now but hardly know very well anyway...frankly I don't care to know that my old friend from 7th grade "just went to In n' Out" or whatever silly message they decide to update their profile with!
Post a Comment