Monday, May 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Play Dough

This past week, I was in charge of a craft for our weekly Music Makers (check out the button on the side of my blog for more info).  It being the last week for the year (we take a summer break), I decided to choose something fun for the kids to do.  So, we made Peanut Butter Playdough to bring to Music Makers.  Morgan and Sadie loved helping make it and all the kids loved playing with and eating it!  




I just realized that the recipe I used from the OLD Nursery manual (the one from when I was a kid) has been boxed up since we made our play dough.  So, I found a similar recipe online.  My recipe called for powdered sugar and corn syrup (Karo syrup), but I'm sure honey and regular white sugar will work also.


Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 cups dry milk powder
4 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups honey
Directions:
Mix together peanut butter and the sugar, and beat in honey and milk powder. This recipe takes about 12 minutes and is a nice change from traditional playdough.

1 comment:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Yummy, I don't know why that sounds so appealing to me, but I want to eat some. We may have to use this recipe.