What, you might ask, do these two things have in common??? A LOT, according to Morgan.
When: Saturday Morning
Where: at the bathroom mirror
Who: the whole family
What: watching Mommy put her contacts in
Why: the girls think it's really cool to watch, especially Sadie
Daddy: What's Mommy doing?
Sadie: (as she pokes herself in the eye) She put glass in her eye to see.
Morgan: She's putting the soft glass in her eye so she can see without her glasses.
Daddy: Why does she have to do that? Why don't you or Sadie or I have to wear glasses or contacts?
Morgan: Because Mommy doesn't like carrots. Me and you and Sadie like to eat carrots and they make our eyes healthy. Mommy won't eat carrots, so her eyes aren't good.
And there it is, the truth to why I wear glasses/contacts. Morgan is right, though. I don't particularly like carrots, so I guess that's why my eyes suffer. It couldn't possibly be due to genetics (both my parents wear glasses and most of my siblings, too)!
Note: Earlier in the week, Brian and Morgan had been discussing the vitamins in carrots and why they are healthy for us. So, she may not have remember the term (beta carotene), but she remembered the concept!
1 comment:
That's funny! Tell her carrots are also supposedly good for her skin, or so I've heard.
Post a Comment