Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Pioneer Woman

Today, I love her.  The blueberry muffins were awesome!  Tomorrow, as I'm running to burn off the blueberry muffins...well, we'll stick to the fact that they were awesome.

Until about a year ago, I didn't even know she existed.  Then, I stumbled upon her book one day, and fell in love!  If you haven't read her book yet, you are welcome to borrow my copy!  Or, if you live far away, here's a link to buy it on Amazon: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.

Anyway, let's start at the beginning.  About a year ago, I read her book, and then shared it with all my book club groupies back in Denver.  Our tradition in book club was to make a delectable treat to share. Even better if it came from the book we had just read (remember the potato peel pie, ladies?).

This gave me an opportunity to browse through all of the Pioneer Woman's tasty recipes on her website, The Pioneer Woman.  I remember, in particular, making her Knock You Naked Brownies, that were quite scrumptious!  And, ever since then, if I've had a inkling to make a new treat, I've turned to this fabulous site!  

Jump forward to this morning.  I have a tub of blueberries in my fridge.  It looked something like this: 

I also have a 6 year old that's been asking me for days (okay, just yesterday) what I'm going to do with the second tub of blueberries.  I told her we could make blueberry muffins.  But, we've kind of been stuck in a little heat wave, and I have been trying to avoid the oven like the plague.  But, today, I decided I would break the "save the planet, don't run the ac full blast" rule and make blueberry muffins for breakfast.   Which, turned out to be at 8:33, not 7:00, but, hey, it was worth the wait!  

So, here's what the final product looked like, complete with the tasty sauce over the top! Mine were slightly darker because I used whole wheat flour and sucanat, but they still tasted delicious!  Slightly crispy on the outside, and soft and moist on the inside!  Yummy!  Here's the link to the recipe, The Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins.  The girls loved them so much, they requested them for a morning snack, about 5 minutes after breakfast.


(photos courtesy of thepioneerwoman.com)

No comments: